Thursday, January 31, 2008

East of Eden


East of Eden (1955)
imdb

One of my most, most, most favourite films of all time. It's easily a contender for my #1 spot. I've seen this movie about 8 times and it never grows old on me. James Dean's character totally seeps through. Out of his 3 films, I honestly think this is his best. Most people will tell you it's Rebel or Giant but I think with this being his first big break, his innocence completely helps define Cal. It gets me wondering though, how much of his acting was really just him finding a medium to let it out. Out of all my idols, he's definately the most like me. He's a sculptor, painter, photographer, menace, intellect and did everything he felt like doing.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love james dean.
love mj cole.
love amel.

the nina simone - sinnerman (felix da housecat remix) is pretty good.